Additional assets (images, video etc) for your campaign can be imported into the PLAYGROUND at any time.
Example: Dragging in an animated GIF
A typical use case for this is adding an animated GIF for the Standard /Fallback Banner in a Super Skin or one of our other formats
For this example, lets assume you have:
- Designed your Super Skin in Photoshop
- Exported it to PNG and dragged it to the Playground Wizard to create your ad
- You now see your working Super Skin running in the Output panel. The standard banner is a static image in your design template
- You want to replace this static banner with a 640px x 100px (320x50 retina-sized) animated GIF.
Follow these steps:
- Click the Template and Wizard button at the top of the page to close these panels (you can click these again to toggle them open later). Click the HTML button to get the HTML panel open.
- In the HTML code, look for this code:
- Delete the image tag in the banner. This is the line of code starting with <img data-src=" up until the closing bracket ">". Add some line-breaks in your code here by hitting the return key to give you some space.
- Find the image in a folder on your computer and drag it into the browser window to the emplty lines you just created. The image will upload and automatically create the HTML <img> tag to display your image at this spot in your ad.
- Check your work in the Output Panel! The image should now be in the banner position instead of the previous static one.
Dragging into CSS and JS panels
You can also drag the image into the CSS tab. This will wrap a url tag around it so you can use it as a background-image. As with the <img> tag you can remove this and just use the URL as required.
Your assets are always available via the assets link in your user profile.
There is currently no way to overwrite an old asset. To change an asset you'll have to replace it by deleting it in the code and uploading a new asset.
All assets are tied to your user account and are instantly uploaded to the cloud (CDN) for fast ad serving.
For further assistance with asset uploading feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.